I took on a link up challenge this year with my friend Susan over at Homeschooling Hearts and Minds. We are challenging ourselves not just to make great plans, but to carry them out. Become a DO-er. You can read more about my journey in my last post -Becoming a Do-er and letting planning get in the way of Do-ing.This week my focus was on Do-ing it Right, not on time. I didn’t finish my last weeks goals in a week, but I did them the thoroughly. Here are my goals from the last Do-er post.
- Take down, organize and put away my Christmas decorations
- Install my new Adobe Photoshop Elements program on my computer and get through the photo organization chapter in the Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 for Dummies book.
- Work out a new daily schedule for our home and school.
It has taken me several weeks to get these projects done, but I am happy to say I am finally finished. I got the Christmas decorations taken down with the help of my husband and kiddos. I spent some time organizing it in the basement. Over the last few weeks, I have found some extra Christmas items that didn’t get put in boxes. I think I might have to get another plastic storage container for them.
My second goal was to install new software on my computer. Photoshop Elements is installed and I read the chapters in the Dummies book. They recommended getting your photos organized in files on your computer before going any further, so I am at a standstill on this goal until I find time to work on organizing my photo files.I also finished tweaking my new daily schedule for our homeschool and chores. I made two different schedules. One for normal school days when we are home most of the day and one for special days such as book club, homeschool coop or errand day. We have only had one day to test it out and it was a book club day for my kids. It worked out beautifully, but the jury is still out and it may have to be tweaked again in a few weeks. Today will be the first day to test out the normal day schedule. I used the format I read about a year ago in Managers of Their Homes by Steven and Terri Maxwell. Here is a photo of how it turned out.
Now on to the goals for this week:
- Relocate my food storage area in the basement
- Spend 1 hour organizing my coupons and formulate a plan for shopping in February
- Date night with David
- Outing with one child (one-on-one time)
- Finish reading A Love that Multiplies by Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar
This post is part of a Link up.
What are your goals for the week?