I endeavored to make some goals in 2013 and commit them to paper for greater accountability. I love to set goals but the follow-up is the most important. Here is where I am after the second month. It is so exciting to see some things marked off my list (I know I am kind of geeky like that)!
Get an estimate and begin saving for a fence– the estimate was less than we expected. We have the tax money set aside to start on this soon. Caulk the master tub-
- Replace sink drains in master bath
- Replace shower heads in both bathrooms
- Replace tracks on bi-fold doors
Clean behind washer and dryer and clean vent
- Clean behind stove and refrigerator
- Landscape around mailbox
- Complete flower bed in side yard
Haven’t made much progress this month in this category. As soon as the warmer weather comes to stay, I aim to work hard on these goals!
Family and Marriage Goals
Monthly date night– Had a special Valentine’s date at our favorite fancy restaurant. Attend a Love and Respect class at church- Made it to four classes.
- Turn off the TV at least 2 nights a week – This is happening consistently once a week.
Initiate allowance system for kids– Continuing to work great for us. You can read about it here Alternate weekly game and movie nights– had three game nights and one movie night. Sunday school devotionals with kids– ongoing
ndividual time with the kids (each kid gets one outing alone with parent)– boys went geocaching with Dad and to sports activity with mom. Lydia had some time with mom at home while boys were at karate. Princess party with Lydia
- Take a vacation
- Complete 5th grade and start 6th grade with Drew – ongoing
- Complete 1st grade and start 2nd grade with Luke – ongoing
Have consistent preschool time with Lydia– Read our review here Participate in field trips and 4H– Took a field trip to a water treatment facility and attended 4H Participate in homeschool writing and life skills classes– ongoing Attend monthly Mom’s meetings– attended and was really encouraged
Monthly cooking dayMade meals for my dinner coop
- Weekly Home blessing – not happening. Will try again in March.
Replace one item that I buy regularly with a homemade or reusable item each month– Made my own Febreeze Eat from the pantry for a few weeks-Completed. Check out my posts about this here and here Create biweekly to monthly meal plans– Ongoing. Check out my new weekly menu column here
- Continue daily devotionals and try to be more consistent with weekend quiet times – This has slipped a little this month. Still consistent M-F
- Teach a Bible study using the book Desperate – gave the book to my pastor’s wife and am waiting to hear if this will happen in the spring.
Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop Elements© and make digital scrapbook pages– Complete my first class
- Organize digital photos – working on this
- Set monthly blogging goals – working on this
Participate in the TOS Review Crew– working on several reviews now
- Read 20 books – (Read my booklist for 2013 here) – have several going right now
Participate in monthly Blog cruises– Had a great time with a recipe cruise. You can read about it here. There are loads of great recipes. Get back into couponing and playing the drugstore game– Shopped at Rite Aid once. Got some great deals. Make time to play the piano at least once a weekworking on this. Have gotten the kids consistent with this, but have not made much progress on my personal goal.
- Reach my goal weight – Lost 3# for a total of #7 lost so far.
- Run in two 5K’s – Running the Color Run on April 6th.
- Limit my computer time and take social media breaks every Sunday – happened at least one Sunday
Read and learn new things about blogging– Asking questions, reading, LEARNING!
- Knit a baby blanket – seeing some great progress on this.