We are attempting to wrap up our school year in the next couple of weeks. This means my meal plan is going to be rather simple and easy for the next couple of weeks. I am planning to be more adventurous in my cooking plan as the spring gives way to summer and I fire up the grill. School will be out and I will have a little more time to experiment in the kitchen. The recipe I am sharing this week is found at the end of this post. It is a favorite of my husbands that his family prepared often. I hope you enjoy!
M – cereal
Tu- Scrambled eggs & toast
W – Strawberry, Banana smoothie
Th – Pioneer’s Porridge, toast
Fri – Cereal ( co-op day)
Sat – Egg in a Hole, yogurt
Sun – Cereal
M – Grilled cheese, veggies, fruit
Tu -book club (potluck)
W – Snack tray (cheese, crackers, fruit, veggies)
Th – Baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese, etc
Fri – Quesadillas, yogurt
Sat – Leftovers
Sun – Roast, potatoes, carrots, bread
M – Hamburger Steak, Gravy, Asparagus, Cheesy Hashbrown Potates, french bread
T – Chicken Noodle Soup, Homemade Whole Wheat Bread
W – Eat at church
T – BBQ sandwiches, Light Asian Coleslaw
Fri – Memaw’s Chicken and Rice – see recipe below
Sat – Enchilada Bake
Sun – Pizza night
- 4-6 chicken breasts (boneless or bone-in)
- 1 can french onion soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water
- 1 cup uncooked quick cooking rice (instant)
- Place rice in 13x9" casserole dish. Place chicken on top. Mix remaining ingredients and mix with a whisk. Pour on top of chicken and rice. Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 hours @350 degrees Farenheit.
- Note: Check casserole in the last half hour of baking. May add more water if rice is drying out.
What is on your meal plan this week?