I thought that I would gather some fun ideas that I have either tried and liked or am planning to try sometime soon. I will link them here for you to inspire you to celebrate fall with your family. Last week I gave you some suggestions for Fun Fall Activities for the Family so this week I will focus more on recipes and DIY crafts and such.
- Make some Acorn cookies. We did these last year and they were a big hit. One tip we learned is to make them and eat them quickly. The mini Nilla wafers get stale quickly.
- Take advantage of apple season and play with your food. Using toothpicks and a bowl of cut up apples you can let the kids loose and cover craft time and snack time in one sitting. Check out this blog for some inspiration.
- Make a fall bucket list – Look here if you lack inspiration. I was so motivated after reading some of these suggestions.
- Use Candy Corn for math - I thought of all types of ideas after reading this post. My son is working on 3-digit subtraction and place values right now. I think candy corn might be a fun way to add some interest to math next week.
- Make a fall centerpiece for your table, I found this adorable mason jar lid pumpkin that I want to try. I think it would be perfect for my kitchen table. Add a couple of candles or some artificial flowers and voila! – DIY heaven.
I hope some of these ideas inspire you to try something new this season.
Do you have any great fall ideas to share?