I love all things Italian and all things cheesy. It doesn’t hurt if the recipe is also quick and easy. Today I am sharing with you a family favorite that I have tweaked to make it friendly for the low-glycemic lifestyle I have adapted through Trim Healthy Mama. Follow along for a quick and easy dinner favorite
Course: Main Course
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 8 oz tomato sauce sugar-free
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cups Dreamfield’s Pasta noodles I use lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic. Drain.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano and salt.
- Stir in uncooked pasta noodles. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Combine cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Mix in the egg. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto pasta mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve.