We have enjoyed the summer to the fullest this year. We played, we vacationed, we visited family and we spent some time at the pool. Now that fall activities are starting in our homeschool group, church and local recreation department, it is time to settle down into a new school routine. I am so ready for routine! Easing into a homeschool schedule helps us be more successful. We begin with a wakeup routine, breakfast, chores and then gradually add in our school subjects.We are planning to ease into our routine over the next two weeks. I know from experience that my crew does not do well with jumping in feet first.These are the things we are working on this week:
- getting up on time
- getting our new chore routine in place
- getting our school spaces set up for use
- organizing school supplies
- getting used to our new sports/AWANA schedule in the evenings
- starting Science and Literature assignments for co-op classes
- finishing up some review materials
- completing one math lesson a day
Here are the mom tasks that I am planning on tackling this week:
- getting up an hour before the kids to start my day with devotions, a little bit of planning time and maybe a stretching routine. I am thinking about trying this stretching routine by Denise Austin.
- I will be aiming for an hour a day to continue my school planning.
- beginning a Beth Moore study at church with my mom and sister
- studying and planning for my science class at homeschool co-op.
- getting some new blog content together (Look for upcoming reviews about music, math facts software and audio dramas for kids. I also hope to share some about the way we use Sonlight curriculum in our homeschool soon)
I have found that sharing my goals helps me be more accountable. What goals have you set for this week? I would love to have some interaction on this post. Leave your comments below and I will respond as soon as possible.