Our First week of back to routine is completed. We had interruptions and we made some wonderful memories. I was able to remind myself in the interruptions that homeschooling is a blessing because of flexibility. The main goals for my week were to help Luke follow a checklist, set aside quality time for Lydia’s preschool work and get up on a schedule. We accomplished all of this! Hallelujah.
I really felt better working on a schedule. This upcoming week is full of lots of projects for me to complete but I am planning to spend some focused time on working on my routines and getting to bed earlier. Here are my goals for the upcoming week as they relate to homeschooling, mothering and my personal life:
- I am going to shoot for being in bed by 10:00 pm with my light out by 10:30 pm.
- Adding exercise back into my routine, even if it is only a 10 minute stretching routine
- Reading at night before bed
- Keeping a THM food journal to help me stay on track
- Continue tweaking Luke’s checklist and help keep him on track
- Working in some daily planning time to my routine
- Grade and file last week’s work
- Keep Lydia’s preschool time each morning and provide activities for her to do during the boys read-aloud time.
- Sit in with Drew during some of his Pre-Algebra lessons
- Lunch Date with David this week
- Night time date at home since I don’t have to work at the hospital this week
- Take the kids swimming
- Go for a walk with the kids
- Try to take advantage of hidden moments to give each child a little bit of one on one attention
Ideas for the one on one time include – Making brownies with Luke, finger painting with Lydia and taking Drew to the bookstore or library and reading with him in a quiet place.
What are your goals and plans for this week?